Marathi Katta was informally established in 2002, passionately serving Marathi community as well as in a wider community. Presently we are located in southwest of Sydney, NSW, Australia. After more than a decade of nurture, today Marathi Katta has flourished.
Marathi Katta Australia(MKA) as an organisation is registered in 17-10-2012 as a public benevolent charitable organisation. Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has endorsed Marathi Katta Australia with the Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) & Charity Tax Concessions status from 17th October 2012.
Marathi Katta Australia’s 7 point mission statement;
Below mention activities have been undertaken or will be under taken where possible to assist public benevolent by assisting disadvantaged people who are in need by relieving their sufferance directly via:
- Distribution of food to the misfortunate;
- Distribution of blankets and warm clothing to the homeless;
- Provision of temporary shelter to people who are affected by natural calamities or at a risk of being homeless;
- Provision of mobility aid to disabled;
- Offering professional counselling to the terminally ill;
- Provision of blood through blood donation to support those in need; and
- Provision of educational aid to eligible candidates via schools and other channels.